Relavant Building Codes
In the United States, the main building code which governs the specification requirements for emergency evacuation floor map plans is the International Fire Code, version 2012. Section 404.3.2 However, some states and local jurisdictions also have their specific requirements that are also in effect. Please see below for additional information regarding relevant codes and requirements for emergency evacuation map plans in the United States :
- International Fire Code, 2012, section 404.3.2
- This is the most current adopted version of the IFC code, which most states adopts into their local building codes, Many of the fire Marshalls we've worked in the past with regards to evacuation floor maps directly recites the requirements in this section as the requirements that they are looking for in evacuation floor maps.
- San Francisco :
- California Code of Regulations, Title 19, Section 3.09, the California Health and Safety Code Section 13220, the 2010 San Francisco Fire Code, Sections 404.1, and 607.2.
- This provides a detailed summary of additional local requirements from several relevant local codes for emergency evacuation map plans in the City and County of San Francisco.
- Minnesota :
- Fire Safety and Evacuation Plans : submittal requirements
- This describes the submittal certification requirements for Fire Safety and Evacuation Plans in the state of Minnesota, as per Minnesota Department of Health regulation.
- Los Angeles :
- More details to follow !
Please visit this page often for further updates, as we update this page regularly for new or revised code requirements